- U.S. Department of State "The United States welcomes the on-going peaceful transition of power in The Gambia and congratulates President Adama Barrow on his inauguration. We applaud the commitment to democracy and the restraint shown by the Gambian people over the past weeks." - Acting Spokesperson Mark C. Toner http://go.usa.gov/x9fYe We commend ECOWAS and other regional partners for their leadership in addressing the situation. We appreciate the decision by Yahya Jammeh to depart The Gambia peacefully and echo President Barrow's call for Gambians to unite and work together... United States Welcomes Transition of Power in The Gambia 20 hours 44 min ago.
- U.S. Department of State “We, the citizens of America, are now joined in a great national effort to rebuild our country and restore its promise for all of our people. Together, we will determine the course of America and the world for many, many years to come. We will face challenges. We will confront hardships. But we will get the job done." -- President Donald J. Trump, January 20, 2017 On January 20, 2017, the United States inaugurated Donald J. Trump as the 45th President of the United States of America. United States Inaugurates President Trump 2 days 10 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State updated their cover photo. 2 days 18 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State updated their profile picture. 2 days 18 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State Secretary Kerry on the way forward and the work of the U.S. and the State Department in continuing to build a better and safer world, during farewell remarks at the Department of State, January 19, 2017. 3 days 13 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State Secretary Kerry recognizes several examples of the work of lesser known State Department responsibilities and successes, including those of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Bureau of Consular Affairs and the Bureau of Diplomatic Security during his farewell address, January 19, 2017. 3 days 13 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State added 2 new photos. "As I leave here, I just want to thank all of you for the relationship that we’ve had. We’ve put in 1.4 million miles, 91 countries. I’ve spent some 3,000, close to 3,700 hours on a telephone communicating with counterparts and leaders in one part of the world or another. And I am so grateful to our whole team." - Secretary Kerry's remarks to the press corps during the Daily Press Briefing, at the Department of State, January 19, 2017. http://go.usa.gov/x9yuw 3 days 13 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State Secretary Kerry highlights foreign policy successes and the important work of the State Department in those successes, during his farewell remarks at the Department of State, January 19, 2017. 3 days 13 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State Secretary Kerry thanks State Department employees during his farewell address at the Department of State, January 19, 2017. 3 days 13 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State was live. Live: Secretary of State John Kerry delivers farewell remarks to State Department employees. 3 days 15 hours ago.