- U.S. Department of State Secretary Tillerson's statement on President Trump's speech to Joint Session of Congress, February 28, 2017: https://go.usa.gov/xX3qH As the President laid out in his address to Congress, the State Department will continue to engage to advance U.S. interests in the world in cooperation with our partners and allies. We will also continue to support policies and institutions that keep Americans safe, including a robust NATO where Al... On President Trump's Speech to Joint Session of Congress 1 hour 20 min ago.
- U.S. Department of State President Trump speaks about foreign policy during his address to a joint session of Congress: "Our foreign policy calls for a direct, robust and meaningful engagement with the world." 13 hours 14 sec ago.
- U.S. Department of State shared The White House's live video. 14 hours 30 min ago.
- U.S. Department of State As diplomacy has evolved from government interactions to include people from all sectors of society, #culturaldiplomacy has brought communities closer together and increased awareness of important global issues. However, myths persist. Here are a few misconceptions and some lesser-known facts about cultural diplomacy, on DipNote: http://bit.ly/2mEEuk5 The U.S. Department of State has a long history of promoting culture as a means to create connections with people around the world. Seven Myths About Cultural Diplomacy 23 hours 40 min ago.
- U.S. Department of State Secretary Tillerson welcomes #China's State Councilor Yang Jiechi to the Department of State, in Washington, D.C., February 28, 2017. 1 day 1 hour ago.
- U.S. Department of State Secretary of State Rex Tillerson welcomes #Egypt's Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry at the Department of State, in Washington, D.C., February 27, 2017. 1 day 22 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State Today, United States Ambassador to Russia John Tefft visited the Bolshoy Moskvoretsky Bridge to honor Nemtsov’s memory. –Press statement from Acting Spokesperson Mark Toner on the second anniversary of the murder of Boris Nemtsov, February 27, 2017: http://go.usa.gov/x9hMD On February 27, 2015, Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov was assassinated just outside the Kremlin. Today, United States Ambassador to Russia John Tefft visited the Bolshoy Moskvoretsky Bridge to honor Nemtsov’s memory. Second Anniversary of the Murder of Boris Nemtsov 1 day 23 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State Then and Now - Read the story of two special agents—living two worlds apart in terms of the times and their experiences. Hired in the early 1960s as the first black special agent in the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Security, forerunner to the Diplomatic Security Service (DSS), William DeFossett faced many challenges in a segregated world. Today, DSS special agents like Alston Richardson enter their careers in a much more inclusive environment. But, as Richardson observes, there is still room for improvement to create and sustain career and leadership opportunities through a diverse workplace: http://go.usa.gov/x9hZ2. This is a story of two special agents—living two worlds apart in terms of the times and their experiences. Hired in the early 1960s as the first black special agent in the U.S. Then and Now: Two Diplomatic Security Special Agents in a Changing World 4 days 17 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State At a time when our nation is facing a true drug crisis, with heroin and dangerous synthetics like fentanyl ravaging our communities, the U.S. government is working on multiple fronts -- and with our North American neighbors -- to forge effective and transnational solutions. Illicit narcotrafficking and drug use present an inherently transnational problem -- drug traffickers clearly don’t respect national borders. To succeed in combatting drug trafficking, then, the good guys must also be able to work across borders. International cooperation is a must. The State Department’s International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Bureau, or INL, works all over the globe to advance this very type of international collaboration. This week INL is in Thailand for the global ‘Bangkok III’ Conference, where the United States is highlighting cross-border anti-drug cooperation within our own home continent: http://go.usa.gov/x9h5D. Illicit narcotrafficking and drug use present an inherently transnational problem -- drug traffickers clearly don’t respect national borders. A North American Approach to our Shared Drug Challenge 4 days 18 hours ago.
- U.S. Department of State New on #DipNote, a recap of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's trip to #Mexico -> http://go.usa.gov/x9hZn. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson traveled to Mexico City, Mexico February 22-23, 2017. He was joined in Mexico by U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson Travels to Mexico 4 days 21 hours ago.