The United States extends sympathies to those who have been affected by Cyclone Pam. State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki said:
"...We offer condolences to the people of Vanuatu, Tuvalu, Solomon Islands, and Kiribati as they cope with the devastating impact of Cyclone Pam. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and loved ones. In the wake of Cyclone Pam, the United States Government immediately issued disaster declarations from Embassies Port Moresby and Suva, and we are working with the NGO -- with our NGO partners and other nations on the most effective ways to deliver our relief assistance. An OFDA disaster relief team will assess conditions in the areas and work with partners on the ground. The first team members arrived Monday -- today, Monday, March 16th."
- Consular Information for U.S. Citizens in Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu
- Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance
- Department of State's Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- Follow @StateDept, @USAsiaPacific, @TravelGov, and @theOFDA on Twitter.
- Like U.S. Embassy Port Moresby and U.S. Embassy Suva on Facebook.