Secretary of State John Kerry traveled to Ottawa, Canada, on October 28 for a series of bilateral meetings and to convey condolences to senior Canadian officials following last week's attacks in Canada. In remarks with Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird, Secretary Kerry said:
"I affirmed to my friend, the foreign minister, that President Obama, the State Department and our entire Administration pledge to work even more closely with your leaders at every level in order to deter and prevent terrorist attacks. As Prime Minister Harper said, Canada will not be intimidated and Canada will not hate, for fear is not the answer to any question, and hate is not the solution to the challenges we face.
- Secretary Kerry's Remarks With Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird After Their Meeting
- Secretary Kerry's Remarks With Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper Before Their Meeting
- Secretary Kerry's Meeting With U.S. Embassy Ottawa Staff
- Background Briefing: Senior State Department Officials Preview Secretary Kerry's Travel to Canada
- Photos: Secretary Kerry in Ottawa, Canada, October 28, 2014