The U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of the Treasury are hosting the fifth round of the U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S&ED) in Washington, D.C. this week, and we’re giving you unprecedented access.
One way you can keep up with the events as they occur is to watch the broadcasts on video.state.gov/live. Here’s a list of events scheduled to be broadcast live (subject to change):
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
- 9:00 a.m. EDT: Secretary of State John Kerry, Secretary of the Treasury Jack Lew, Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi, and Vice Premier Wang Yang participate in the S&ED Joint Opening Session.
Thursday, July 11, 2013
- 10:15 a.m. EDT: Secretary Kerry and State Councilor Yang participate in the Strategic Track Plenary Session.
- 11:30 a.m. EDT: Secretary Kerry and State Councilor Yang participate in the Eco-Partnership Event.
- 5:30 p.m. EDT: Secretary Kerry, Secretary Lew, State Councilor Yang, and Vice Premier Wang participate in U.S.-China Closing Statements at the Department of Treasury (streaming on treasury.gov).
- 6:10 p.m. EDT: Secretary Kerry and Secretary Lew participate in the U.S. Press Conference (streaming on treasury.gov).
The State Department is also pleased to announce its first-ever “Facebook Special Access” event, which will provide fans of the State Department’s Facebook page a seat at the table by allowing them to follow the Dialogue as it unfolds and submit their questions and comments on U.S.-China engagement. Be sure to “like” our Facebook page in order to participate!
We’ll also keep you posted via Twitter from @StateDept and @USTreasury. Photos from the events will be posted to State’s Flickr account, and videos and other content from the meetings will be available on YouTube, Tumblr, and Google +.
Be sure to check out Treasury’s website for more ways to follow the Dialogue.
About the Author: Richard Buangan serves as Director of Digital Engagement at the U.S. Department of State.