Earthquake in Turkey

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
October 23, 2011
Earthquake in Turkey October 23, 2011

On Sunday, October 23, 2011, an earthquake struck Van province in Turkey. U.S. citizens who need assistance should contact Turkish Authorities or the U.S. Consulate in Adana, which is located at Girne Bulvari No. 212, Guzelevler Mahallesi, Yuregir, Adana, Turkey. The consulate's telephone number is (90)(322) 346-6262; fax is (90)(322) 346-7916.

In a statement, President Barack Obama said, "We have been following reports of the earthquake in Turkey's eastern province of Van with great concern. On behalf of the American people, I express my deepest condolences to the families of the victims. Our thoughts and prayers are with the brave men and women who are working to bring assistance to this stricken region. We stand shoulder to shoulder with our Turkish ally in this difficult time, and are ready to assist the Turkish authorities."

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said, "I join President Obama and send my deepest condolences to the people of Turkey in the wake of today's earthquake. My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families of those killed and injured. The United States stands ready to assist in the effort to rescue survivors and we are committed to the people of Turkey as they recover and rebuild."

U.S. Ambassador to Turkey Francis J. Ricciardone, Jr., also offered condolences to the Turkish people after the earthquake. Additional information will be provided on the U.S. Consulate in Adana website.

Comments

Comments

John P.
Greece
October 23, 2011

John P. in Greece writes:

1. U.S. was/is and will be always here to protect us and provide help. They always did!

2. A Wise Man, the other days, wrote something special too:

(My words): “Have good relationships with your neighbors”

U.S.A., Greece, Israel, can offer you some help in this difficult situation guys.

USE IT!

It’s not a time for political debate.

palgye
South Korea
October 24, 2011

Palgye in South Korea writes:

mourn to Turkey earthquark victims

Lori-Anne
Massachusetts, USA
October 24, 2011

Lori-Anne in Massachusetts writes:

Please God with all your Blessing find yourself looking down on all these People now in your time of their NEEDS. I'm so sorry for what had happen to all and all I have is my words to give I wish I could do much more then this but I can't and for that to I am sorry too. Just so you know our THOUGHT AND PRAYS ARE TO YOU ALL AND YOUR FAMILY'S. God Bless You All, Stay Strong.

serdar
New Jersey, USA
November 9, 2011

Serdar in New Jersey writes:

@ John P. as you said it is not the time of political debate. We as Turks need your help more than your wishes.

You can send your help by this website:
hhrelief.org

Ken
October 25, 2011

Ken in the U.S.A. writes:

Turkey doenst need our help or our money let them take care of themselves just as all other countries...WE need to pull out of these countries and close the US borders tightly and stop our/my tax dollars every where !!!

AyÅŸe
Turkey
October 26, 2011

Ayse in Turkey writes:

Thank you very much for the explanation of the president. In these times, especially natural disasters, anyone should say we or ours..As a Turkish citizen living in Turkey, I am appreciated for your interest and kind. Thank you America.