Launching the New J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program Website

Posted by Ann Stock
June 1, 2011
J1 Visa Website Screenshot

Today, we are launching the new J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program website. Each year, more than 350,000 students, professors, summer work travel participants, Au Pairs, and camp counselors travel to work or study in the United States. J-1 visas are a critical component of our mission to promote mutual understanding.

This new site will make it easier for visitors, program sponsors and host families to find the information they need. Enhancements include an interactive facts and figures map, participant and sponsor information, and our "participant testimonials" section, providing first person accounts of experiences in the United States. Videos and interactive content extend the site's reach into the social media forum. The site also allows those with only mobile access to view key information. With this feature, we are able to reach a wider, more diverse audience globally.

This is the first phase of a comprehensive revamp of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs' online presence and reflects our commitment to communicate in a way that promotes broader participation in valuable cultural exchange opportunities.

Get the latest information on international exchanges via Twitter @ConnectStateGov and @AnnAtState.

Comments

Comments

Odenoye S.
Nigeria
June 1, 2011

Odenoye S. in Nigeria writes:

pls i realy wants to go out of my country, pls help me out.

James J.
Bahamas
June 1, 2011

James J. in The Bahamas writes:

great work US Embassy for developing the website for those who would likw to seek information.

Roosevelt j.
Côte d'Ivoire
June 22, 2011

Roosevelt in Côte d'Ivoire writes:

Dear sir
Many respect to you in the name of our lord
i wont a resettement visa any part of the world
cause i can not go back home to my country liberia couse of the government i do to work for
the amirica gov to pay my tickit i was in mali working with some as a house claner and poor mentences mr (peter cook) and( linlco group)now am asking for a visa buy God i will pay pls THANKS
ROOSEVELT G SMITHJR

Khan R.
Bangladesh
June 1, 2011

Khan R. in Bangladesh writes:

Hey!! it's such a nice and organized page, I must give a big thanks to the entire team:)

rasaq o.
Nigeria
June 22, 2011

Rasaq in Nigeria writes:

pls i need help in dis area,i am i hav not peace.pls...

mohamed a.
Egypt
June 2, 2011

Mohamed A. in Egypt writes:

I'm Egyptian and I want to travel America and work there in a job secured my future and the future of my family Oluyemi with freedoms that America is a state and a state where the work is available

Help us in this

sarbin
Kuwait
June 22, 2011

Sarbin in Kuwait writes:

I am waititng responces to move USA...

TEODROS A.
Ethiopia
June 10, 2011

Teodros A. in Ethiopia writes:

God bless me US & all!!

Tipan B.
Bangladesh
June 15, 2011

Tipan B. in Bangladesh writes:

I am tipan from Bangladesh and i am studing BBA in premier university.I have a dream,i will go America.so therefore,i was trying DV.But i am failed,pls give me chance to be a American citizen.i am waiting your respons.pls sir/maam, help me.