Applications Now Being Accepted To Represent the U.S. at UNESCO Youth Forum

Posted by Tiffany Miller
April 7, 2011
UNESCO Headquarters in Paris

Are you interested in international affairs? Are you passionate about making the world a better place? Would you like to represent the United States at an international conference of the world's youth? If you answered yes, this opportunity may be for you!

The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is gearing up for the UNESCO Youth Forum, a biennial conference that brings together youth from over 80 countries to exchange views and identify shared opportunities to address global problems within UNESCO's mandate. This year's Youth Forum will take place in mid-October at the UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, and the Department of State is looking for two young adults to send to represent the Unites States.

This is an amazing opportunity that may just help you finally figure out what you want to study in college or give you that extra edge to land your dream job! It is also a wonderful opportunity to have your voice heard. Applications will include a written or YouTube response to the question: "What is the greatest global challenge facing youth, and how can American youth help to address it?" While only two individuals will be selected to represent the United States in Paris, we hope to post many of the responses on state.gov, so we hope to hear from as many of you as possible!

To apply, you need to be a U.S. citizen between the ages of 18 and 24, you must be eligible for foreign travel in mid-October 2011, and you should be willing to help the Department of State before, during, and after the Youth Forum to promote the program. All you have to do is submit a one-page resume along with your written, audio, or video response by May 15. More details can be found here.

Comments

Comments

Anjan b.
Bangladesh
April 8, 2011

Anjan B. in Bangladesh writes:

Dear sir,

I am Bangladeshi Young Independent Film Director. I am 34 and I believe in Hinduism. I have a facebook ID " Anjan B. (Anjan) I continue visit and write down in the several topic in US Govt page like White house, US department of State. FBI, CIA, CNN, BBC, National Geography, UN, US-AID, US Embassy in Dhaka Bangladesh. I am so much interested in international affairs and so much passionate about making the world a better place? I Would you like to represent the United States at an international conference of the world's youth or any others program like art, cultural etc etc?

So I pray and hope that you'll consider my apple from your depth heart. If I have the chance to be a representative in United States in any program I shall proud and grateful to you.

Take my regard once again.

Truly.
Anjan B.

bijou
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
April 8, 2011

Bijou in the Democratic Republic of the Congo writes:

Hello! it is very good but i'm congolese , live kinshasa but travel usa occasionel , speek very good french and studyng english, possible to represent usa?

DipNote Bloggers write:

@ Bijou -- Thank you for your interest! For this application, you must be a U.S. citizen. We will send you information about other youth programs to the email address you provided. Best wishes!

Don
April 8, 2011

Don in the U.S.A. writes:

Under what name should it the video applications be posted to youtube?

DipNote B.
April 8, 2011

DipNote Bloggers write:

@ Don -- Should you choose to submit an application with a video, you should post your video to YouTube under your personal name. You should then send a link to your YouTube video and a copy of your resume to DCUNESCO@state.gov.

Further Instructions:

To apply, applicants should submit a resume and a written, audio, or video response to the question:

Resumes should be no longer than one page and should paint an accurate picture of your background and leadership experience, especially on issues facing youth.

Written, audio, or video responses should address the question: “What is the greatest global challenge facing youth, and how can American youth help to address it?” Written responses should not exceed 500 words and will be accepted in Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) or Adobe Reader (.pdf). Video/audio responses should be no longer than 4 minutes and must be uploaded to Youtube. Applicants should provide a link to the video/audio in their application.

All material must be submitted electronically to the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO at DCUNESCO@state.gov no later than May 15, 2011.

Additional information is available here: http://www.state.gov/p/io/unesco/programs/159764.htm.

Daniel R.
Tanzania
April 12, 2011

Dr. Daniel R. in Tanzania writes:

World needs understanding, wisdom and clear mind to keep the peace of the world.

Gary B.
May 2, 2011

Gary B. in the U.S.A. writes:

I am a non-traditional student, native US citizen, who does not fit the demographic of 18 to 24. Question, what procedure is required to be considered?

Mary
Massachusetts, USA
May 9, 2011

Mary in Massachusetts writes:

I'm an International Relations major at Wellesley College and I'm very interested in finding out more about the program!

Gabriela
Connecticut, USA
May 10, 2011

Gabriela in Connecticut writes:

I am beginning my college career with an intense interest in health and bioethics. I would like to promote women and children's health around the world.

uggs
Morocco
November 21, 2011

U. in Morocco writes:

Good job! I harmonise with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your coming updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the wonderful clarity in your writing.