President Obama: The United States Stands Ready To Help the Japanese People

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
March 11, 2011
Houses Are Shown in Flames After Earthquakes and Tsunami Waves

More:Information on Japan's Earthquake and Tsunamis | How You Can Help | Travel-Related and Contact Information | For concerns about a specific U.S. citizen in Japan, email JapanEmergencyUSC@state.gov.

President Obama released a statement after learning of the recent earthquake and tsunamis that struck Japan on March 11, 2011. The President offered his condolences to people who have lost loved ones and said the United States stands ready to offer assistance.

President Obama said, "Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to the people of Japan, particularly those who have lost loved ones in the earthquake and tsunamis. The United States stands ready to help the Japanese people in this time of great trial."

He continued, "The friendship and alliance between our two nations is unshakeable, and only strengthens our resolve to stand with the people of Japan as they overcome this tragedy. We will continue to closely monitor tsunamis around Japan and the Pacific going forward and we are asking all our citizens in the affected region to listen to their state and local officials as I have instructed FEMA to be ready to assist Hawaii and the rest of the US states and territories that could be affected."

You can read the President's complete statement here.

Comments

Comments

LadyofAlaska
Alaska, USA
March 11, 2011

L.A. in Alaska writes:

My family and I are deeply concerned for the people of Japan. We are sad and hope that help can get to the people of Japan as quickly as possible.

I am hoping that someone can inform us about Obihiro, also known as Hokkaido. My daughter is an exchange student for the 2011 year, and we are concerned about our Sister city. Any information or pictures that you could send would be greatly appreciated. We will do what we can as fundraisers.

God Bless, and can hardly wait to hear from someone, Please.

LadyofAlask

mariahermione
India
March 11, 2011

Mariahermione in India writes:

God bless the departed soul and save all those are alive..

DW
South Carolina, USA
March 11, 2011

D.W. in South Carolina writes:

Need information on LDS missionaries serving in Japan Sendai Mission. Where can I look for information?

DipNote B.
March 11, 2011

DipNote Bloggers write:

@ D.W. in South Carolina:

For information on U.S. citizens in Japan, please visit travel.state.gov.

March 11, 2011

It's a sad thing, and I wish the Japanese much success in the recovery and rescue.

If it's any consolation to those who've lost loved ones, no government, no building standard, no human planning could have averted this disaster.

That all that effort went in to preparation for such an event as this, has as of now probably saved well over a hundred thousand lives had not the infrastructure held up as well as it has in the face of mother nature's maximum effort to topple it.

Perhaps many more times that.

Once again our military is the the go-to guy's when all hell busts loose and hat's off t6o them for transporting coolant to help avert potential nuclear disaster.

It shows that our partnership with the people of Japan works in real-time under the most stressful of circumstance.

Well this is simply as it should be among former enemies who've become friends for life...

Aye, and by that we honor both the living and the dead.

My sympathies to all.

EJ

game
March 14, 2011

G. writes:

pray for people in Japan

dr.Ihsanijah M.
Indonesia
March 15, 2011

Dr. Ihsanijah M. in Indonesia writes:

I feel how the burden of suffering caused by the tsunami because it affected my family in December 26th 2004 tsunami in Aceh. Still remembered the story that so bitterly against the nephew who apart from the grip of his father at the time of survival.
Accidents can not be avoided only pray that I can give to the people of Japan robust in the face of this suffering.

latisha
March 17, 2011

Latisha writes:

I wish we had more people to help the Japan people.