U.S. Embassy Islamabad Supports Entrepreneurship and Job Growth

January 25, 2011
Ambassador Munter With Pakistan Fast Growth 25 Contest Winners

About the Author: Alberto Rodriguez serves as Spokesperson at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan.

U.S. Ambassador Cameron Munter honored the winners of the Pakistan Fast Growth 25 Contest and highlighted their role as job creators at a ceremony at his residence on Monday, January 24. The Pakistan Fast Growth 25, a ranking of fast growth entrepreneurial companies, was organized by AllWorld Network in partnership with Harvard Business School and launched in collaboration with JS Bank Limited.

Speaking at the event, Ambassador Munter said, "Tonight we have come together to celebrate the 25 fastest growing companies in Pakistan. They represent areas as diverse as telecommunications, agriculture, and textiles. They represent high growth rates and the creation of 12,000 jobs. But most importantly, they represent innovation and entrepreneurship -- and a bright future for this great nation."

This event was the latest stage of the U.S. government's long-term commitment to support sustained economic growth in Pakistan by encouraging innovative firms that generate employment and integrate new technologies into the national economy.

Pakistan's Minister of Finance Dr. Adbul Hafeez Shaikh and AllWorld Co-Founder Anne Habiby also attended.

As a group, the Pakistan Fast Growth 25 winners broke AllWorld records for similar contests in eight other countries, posting an 81 percent annual growth rate between 2007 and 2009. The winners will have the opportunity to network with other AllWorld winners from the Middle East, Asia, and Africa and attend the AllWorld Summit at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA in November 2011.

The full list of the Pakistan Fast Growth wining companies can be found here.

Comments

Comments

Naiba
Pakistan
March 9, 2011

Naiba in Pakistan writes:

want to part of your group

malik a.
Pakistan
March 28, 2011

Malik A. in Pakistan writes:

I need a job

Muhamamd F.
Pakistan
April 15, 2011

Muhammad F. in Pakistan writes:

Hi,

I needed job in Logistic field in USA EMBASSY IN ISLAMABAD.

jamil r.
Pakistan
April 15, 2011

Jamil R. in Pakistan writes:

A career oriented position in a dynamic organization, where I could further develop my abilities and interpersonal skills and to secure a responsible and challenging position where I may contribute to the growth of both prospective Employer and myself.

dilawar k.
Pakistan
April 28, 2011

Dilawar K. in Pakistan writes:

I needed job in US embassy. I did graduation and doing job as consultant.

Pirzada K.
Pakistan
May 31, 2011

Pirzada K. in Pakistan writes:

I want to join the US Embassy to boost my professional career.

Nadeem M.
Pakistan
June 22, 2011

Nadeem in Islamabad writes:

I needed job,i want to be a part of your group i did M.B.A finance

TANWEER A.
Pakistan
September 8, 2011

Tanweer A. in Pakistan writes:

I have keen interest in the embassy job. I did DAE (Diploma of Associate Engineering) and I have experience as a data entry operator in Mas co360 Technology. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thank you.

M.Yousuf K.
Pakistan
October 20, 2011

Yousuf K. in Pakistan writes:

Dear,

I am Entrepreneur.

I have achieved 2 awards on Entrepreneurship:

1-Prime Minister of Pakistan Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani awarded me the Best Entrepreneurship Coach / Mentor / Trainer in the “Discover Through Prosparity” event of NUST.

2- IBA, Karachi awarded me the Best Entrepreneurship Coach / Mentor / Trainer in the “INVENT” event of IBA,Karachi.

I want to join your forum.

Regards.