Secretary Clinton Delivers Remarks at World Premiere Screening of "Inside the State Department"

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
October 26, 2010

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton delivered remarks at the world premiere screening of "Inside the State Department" at the National Geographic Headquarters on October 25, 2010. The special program provides a behind-the-scenes perspective on the mission of the U.S. Department of State, Secretary Clinton's travels, and Department staff engaged in operations around the world.

Secretary Clinton said, "This is truly a tribute to the more than 60,000 people who work for the State Department around the world. Now, not all of them could fit into the movie, but without their service standing behind all the faces that you will see and the people that you'll meet, there are literally hundreds and thousands more who do every day what is necessary to protect America, to promote our values, advance our interests in every corner of the globe."

The Secretary continued, "...So for me, there is a great privilege and honor to be the 67th Secretary of State. I wish that this could have been done at an earlier time with others who served in my capacity because I think it's long overdue. Because we want to tell the story of the men and women of the State Department who serve you, the American public, every single day. We have really appreciated the chance to tell this story. It is part of our overall effort to elevate diplomacy and development alongside defense to make it clear that this is who we are and what we do.

"I'm delighted that I get a chance to see this for the first time with all of you, and again, I thank National Geographic for going inside the State Department and expanding the audience to all of America, and indeed, the world so that people know what it is that we are focused on and the mission that we are pursuing as we serve the country that we love."

Read the Secretary's complete remarks here.

"Inside the State Department" premieres Monday, November 8, 2010, at 9:00 p.m. EST/PST on the National Geographic Channel (NGC). Please visit natgeotv.com/state for more information. If you are in the United States, click here for more information.

Comments

Comments

Vcal
October 26, 2010

Vcal in California writes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HILLARY! You are the smartest woman in the world and the best leader ever!HILLARY 2012!

Maria
Louisiana, USA
October 26, 2010

Maria in Louisiana writes:

Hillary, you are an extraordinary human being and an the best inspitational leader!
Happy birthday Hillary! God bless you!
Please run for President again!

Laura
South Dakota, USA
October 26, 2010

Laura in South Dakota writes:

happy birthday hillary!
You are the smartest woman in the world! we love you!
HILLARY 2012!

Brandon
October 26, 2010

Brandon in New York writes:

Hillary,you are so loved all over the world! We are very proud of you, and you're so beautiful!

hILLARY 2012!

MATT
October 26, 2010

Matt in Washington DC writes:

Hillary, you are my hero and my girlfriend forever!
HILLARY 2012!

Tania
October 26, 2010

Tania in California writes:

Hillary, you make me feel so inspired to do great things and to try to be a better person; thank you for being the best example a woman can be.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR HILLARY!

EVE
Maryland, USA
October 27, 2010

Eve in Maryland writes:

Hillary, because of you, I have the impression that nothing in this life is impossible; you have shown to me that everything is possible with tanacity, passion and hard work! When I was a teenager Jesus Christ filled my heart with his love, and in 2008 you touched my heart, in a very special way,too! You are such an inspirational woman! thank god for your presence in my life time!God bless you Hillary!

Carla
Louisiana, USA
October 27, 2010

Carla in Louisiana writes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HILLARY!

You have in your office an Eleonor Roosevelt figure, and I have at mine, a huge Hillary Clinton picture that remembers me that everything I put my mind in, can be done with the power of humility, wisdom, education and tenacity! Thank you for sharing with us a piece of you. GOD BLESS YOU HILLARY!

Hillary 2012 or 2016, is up to you, we're here!

Marla
Indiana, USA
October 27, 2010

Marla in Indiana writes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HILLARY!

Hillary, read all the comments and feel the love and admiration for you in this site:

"http://riverdaughter.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/october-26-2010-happy-birt..."

Mario
Maryland, USA
October 27, 2010

Mario in Maryland writes:

Hillary, please take care of yourself because we need you to live 100 years more! There's nobody else like you! I'm 47 and I'm in love with you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HILLARY!

Pamela G.
West Virginia, USA
October 29, 2010

Pamela G. in West Virginia writes:

I think this is amazing. No one can really understand how many people it takes to keep the state department run so smoothly. It is laudable for National Geographic to put on this display and The secretary was wonderful in her remarks.