Secretary Clinton Delivers a Mother's Day Message

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
May 8, 2010

On Friday, May 7, Secretary Clinton sent an email to all State Department employees -- both in Washington and around the world -- with the following:THE SECRETARY OF STATEWASHINGTON

Dear Friends & Colleagues,

I am pleased to wish all of the proud parents of the State Department a very happy Mother's Day. As a mother-of-the-bride (or as I have been called, an "MOTB"), I know how demanding it can be for all of us to balance the demands of work and family. And many of you have the added challenge of parenting in foreign countries, far from your own families and support networks.

I wanted to share with you some of the ways that we are working together to support State Department parents, especially new mothers and fathers. It's not enough to just talk about the importance of family -- our policies must reflect our commitment.

I invite each of you to take a moment to watch a brief video message I recorded.

And then I hope you'll follow up with your supervisors if you have questions and suggestions, and of course The Sounding Board, which is always open.

Have a safe and happy Mother's Day and thank you for all your hard work on behalf of your families and our country.

Sincerely,

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Comments

Comments

Normita
May 7, 2010

Normita in California writes:

Dear Madame Secretary,

On the eve of one of the most memorable days to honor mothers, I am reminded of some unforgettable moments watching you standing side by side with your mom in 2008, beaming with pride for each other. You have both inspired me and millions of mothers for the heartfelt show of love and respect between mother and daughter.

I would like to congratulate you on the coming marriage of your daughter Chelsea. Please allow me to share your pride and joy in such a happy occasion, as I have watched her as a teenager growing up in the While House.

It's hard to imagine how you find the energy to laugh, to smile and to do so many things for the ones you love and for the people. As I always say, "Hillary, you are simply the best."

Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom.

With loving thoughts,
Normita F., a proud hillaryvillager

OysterCracker
May 7, 2010

O.C. in U.S.A. writes:

I was wondering why the government doesn't have pools of vetted child care experts that they could use on assignment. Getting situated in a new country can be stressful for parents. Having a sort of follow along nanny could help transition government workers when they're abroad or even shuttle children back and forth between parents if they're working in different cities. It'd be like a diplomatic nanny available at a moments notice. Please count me in if you ever get my idea off the ground. I'm certified with a valid passport.

Ginny R.
May 7, 2010

Ginny R. in California writes:

Dear Hillary,

I am still a Hilstar and always will be. You have been my inspiration and I only hope that you can keep on keeping on -- but most importantly take care of yourself. I need you to be on this earth!

Ginny R., JD
Berkeley Hilstar

palgye
South Korea

Palgye in South Korea writes:

Happy Mother's Day.

Real News, German Parliament OKs Greek Aid

Great. And, from public place, see the video where address Sec. Hillary Clinton.

Ann F.
Pennsylvania, USA
May 7, 2010

Ann F. in Pennsylvania writes:

Dear Madam Secretary,

Thank you for your tireless work on behalf our our nation. You are a shining example of dedication, deligence, fortitude, service and campassion. May our Lord continue to protect you and bless you and your family with health and happiness.

I will never give up my dream that you will be our nation's first woman president!

Rise Hillary Rise!

With greatest admiration,
Ann F.
Scranton, Pa.

Veyry

Veyry in California writes:

Hillary,

You are extraordinary! The smartest woman in the world and the most accomplished Leader. You are such a role model x everybody who want to give the best of themselves and to make the best of this life. God bless your heart and your mission on this earth. You'll always be in my heart forever! Happy Mother's day!

Raul

Raul in California writes:

Hillary, you're an extraordinary Leader and a beautiful woman. We're waiting for you!

Laura

Laura in Washington, D.C., writes:

Hillary, you're the most extraordinary woman in the world! I wish you'll live forever, there's no other human bee like you! JUST THE BEST!

Lisa

Lisa in NYC writes:

You're the most influential person in my life. With your strength and wisdom, make me proud to be a woman and try to make the best out of my life. I'll live grateful to you forever! Happy mother's day! YOU ARE AMAZING!

Katalin
Hungary

Katalin in Hungary writes:

Dear Hillary,

Thank you for standing up for women and moms around the world. I always learn something new from you. I decided that if I have a daughter some day I will give her the name Hillary after you.

Patrick
Maryland, USA

Patrick in Maryland writes:

Hi, MoMs of the States Department.

"Happy Mothers Day" ,we all have too do one Nice thing for MoM today, or two...:) Also, Tell her you love her and try not too laugh too much..hehe..:)

See Ya ..:)

May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Madam Secretary, and all happiness to the bride to be.

Keep on doin' the "Mom thing" for the kids of the world, it's working...

Best,
EJ

Samantha
South Carolina, USA

Samantha R. in South Carolina writes:

I just wanted to thank you for all the long hours you spend in service of not only your country but the world. You are the embodiment of the truth that one person does make a difference.

I hope that I will live to see a time when this country of ours will recognize ALL families and not just those who makeup they understand or agree with.

Like many others, I still stand at the ready to support you and work in any way possible that will grant this land the privilege of having you as president.

Thanks for consistently being there,
Samantha R.

Rosemary
New Jersey, USA

Rosemary in New Jersey writes:

Dear Madame Secretary,

Happy Mother's Day to you and also to your mom. I love your mom for giving you to us, and I love you for the hard work you do so cheerfully and for the way you find just the right thing to do at exactly the most appropriate time (the message in this video, for example).

I wish I had words to express how much your efforts and accomplishments are appreciated by so many. I consider you a national treasure, and I know I am far from alone in that.

Have the best Mother's Day ever! You deserve to be feted and spoiled, and so does you mom.

Love & hugs from NJ,

Rosemary

Vcal

V in California writes:

Hillary,you're just extraordinary! The best Leader this Country has produced.

Lauraxhillary

Laura in Washington, D.C., writes:

Hillary, you're the only Leader ready to guide this nation to succeed; you're THE BEST! You have touched our hearts with you're authenticity and hard work! Happy mother's day!

Natalia

Natalia in California writes:

Hillary, you're the most beloved woman in this world! You're a World leader, the best! Go to Babble Most Loved celebrity Mom Poll and you'll see that you're at the top, as always!

Jackie G.
Texas, USA

Jackie G. in Texas writes:

Dear Madame Secretary,

I was one your strongest supporters during the campaign, and I still am. I want to thank you for all that you do for our country. You are an inspirational woman. I want to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day, hopefully you get to spend quality time with your mother and Chelsea.

You are always in my prayers.

I am still hoping and dreaming that you will one day be our President. You are the best.

Linnette

Linnette in New York writes:

Dear Madam Secretary:

Once again, thank you for your hard work, and dedication to our Country. May God Bless you and your family. I want to wish you a very happy mother's day to you and your Mom. A big Thank to Mrs. Dorothy for bringing you into this world.

Linnette
Forever One of your 18millions

Maria W.

Maria W. in Florida writes:

Happy Mothers Day to a wonderful Mother and Secretary of State. We love you Hillary.

Stacy B.
Massachusetts, USA

Stacy in Massachusetts writes:

Happy Mother's Day Secretary Clinton!

Best,
Stacy

Mary B.
Michigan, USA

Mary B. in Michigan writes:

Hillary,

You continue to awe and inspire me. Thank you for your tireless efforts on behalf of women and children throughout the world.

Happy Mother Day from a fellow MOTB!!

Mary B.
Michigan

Katrin D.
May 13, 2010

Katrin D. in Virginia writes:

Dear Madam Secretary,

Happy Mother’s Day to you and I wanted to thank you for writing the book “It Takes A Village”. I read your book many years before I had children and only last week was I able to fully understand the meaning.

Our family is only eats healthy foods: organic milk, “natural” meats and no processed foods. Last week I found out that my boys were given FrootLoops for breakfast for the past three years at daycare. Looking at the ingredients, the first listed is sugar followed by artificial color, artificial flavor, preservatives and trans fats.

As much as I try to give my boys a good start in life, I must admit that there are limits to what I can do as a mother. I cannot be with them 24/7 and can only hope that other caregivers are educated enough not to expose my children to junk food or inappropriate TV shows.

I could not agree more with you: It DOES take a village.

Respectfully,
Katrin D.

Patsy C.

Patsy C. in USA writes:

Happy Mother's Day, Hillary. Let us all honor our mothers on this day and every day, and move on from the oppressive days of the past. Way past time to work together.

palgye
South Korea
May 17, 2010

Palgye in South Korea writes:

Dear to,

reformative directions that is proper, thought but thought think that the resistance influence is powerful. (Keeps promise the before base in inauguration early stage and does) by the way, the citizen a little that to be doing appears a suspicion, visited Japan which lives in Korea the unemployed person who does not have,,, thinks.
By the way, thinks that the Japanese economy is reviving little by little. Must assist? (Person, who passes ethics committee, to become rear background?)
And, the economic crisis of Asia thinks that as crisis of Europe threatens a world economy. The method which will solve the crisis of Thailand as ever, Phumiphon Adunyadet(God?) thinks that are having. (Root of poor people layer and dominative elite class between deep discord thinks. problem which will be solved easily knows)

Thank You.

p.s The secret intention problem does not solve not to be able, as talk me whom does easily is shy.