Volunteers Join U.S. Embassy Islamabad To Renovate Garden for Earth Day

Posted by Julia Fendrick
April 22, 2010
Embassy Islamabad Employees and Volunteers Renovate Friendship Garden

About the Author: Julia Fendrick serves as Assistant Cultural Affairs Attache at U.S. Embassy Islamabad.

To mark Earth Day 2010, I had the rewarding experience of planting a tree and presenting certificates to Pakistan Youth Climate Network volunteers who participated in the renovation of the Helen Keller Friendship Center garden. Over the course of three days, April 14-16, students, teachers and young Islamabad professionals all worked together to create an attractive park. The park renovation was one in a series of Earth Day events co-sponsored by U.S. Embassy Islamabad and a local non-governmental organization (NGO). For more information, please visit the embassy's Facebook page.

Comments

Comments

SYED J.
Pakistan
May 27, 2010

Syed A.R.J. in Pakistan writes:

HI,

THAT IS VERY AMAZING AND WE CAN SHARE OUT THOUGHTS AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL AS A STUDENT AND I HOPE THAT U WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE NEXT TIME IN THOSE ACTIVITIES .

NAJAM S.
Pakistan
April 3, 2013

Najam U.S. in Pakistan writes:

HI,

It’s really appreciating efforts for development of Globalization. I like to join as a regular volunteer member of these activities, so I personally want to learn internal standards from seniors. Please consider me as regular member.

Bilal A.
Pakistan
June 2, 2010

Bilal A. in Pakistan writes:

Hi,

Really its very good efforts for volunteers and cooperation of Pakistan and US embassy, me also want to join this activities as a permanent volunteering member.

maham
Pakistan
June 3, 2010

Maham writes:

its so nice and appealing act and i wana join u as a permanent member...i jst completed my M.Sc IR.

Muhammad Y.
Pakistan
June 17, 2010

Muhammad Y. in Pakistan writes:

I Love USA

Liaqat w.
Pakistan
June 24, 2010

Liaqat W. in Pakistan writes:

OH..... I miss the opertunity. I am Senior Horticulturist at Islamabad. And that was a nice opertunity to give my input in the said Garden.

Saleem A.
Pakistan
July 2, 2010

Saleem A. in Pakistan writes:

As your patriotic heart beast Red, White and Blue. Wishing you a warm and wonderful Fourth of July Independence Day honors the birthday of the United States of America. My wishes you every day have a nice day happy & safe week end.

RealyI miss the opertunityvery good efforts for volunteers and cooperation of Pakistan and US embassy, I want to join this activities as a permanent volunteering member.

Naveed L.
Pakistan
August 13, 2010

Naveed L. in Pakistan writes:

its so nice act and i want to join u as a member...i just completed my Graduation