Working With Haiti To Improve Food Supply and Nutrition

Posted by Ertharin Cousin
February 5, 2010
Water and Food Distribution Center in Port-au-Prince

More about the crisis and how you can help:state.gov/haitiquakeAbout the Author: Ambassador Ertharin Cousin serves as the U.S. Representative to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture.

Every day we get a little bit better at providing emergency food relief to more Haitian families. The United States leads this effort by being the largest contributor to the World Food Programme with 4 million ready to eat meals and more than $78 million. These efforts are succeeding in feeding more than 120,000 families per day directly from our distribution centers, not to mention efforts that are occurring outside of Port-au-Prince that have reached more than 250,000 people. Day by day progress is made.

The United States has learned through its history of providing emergency food relief that focusing on women when we are distributing food and supplies, achieves the best results in terms of reaching the intended neighborhoods. As the U.S. Agency for International Development Administrator has noted, by providing coupons to women, the lines "have been orderly, distributions have been calm, and there has been a sense of hopefulness" emerging. We know we will be able to continue to reach more Haitians in the weeks ahead as relationships with partners on the ground solidify and avenues for delivery open up.

The Government of Haiti recognizes that the road to sustainable food security requires many partners. As daily requirements scream for immediate official attention, so too does the need for an agricultural development plan that will be able to address hunger and nutrition in Haiti for the foreseeable future. For this reason, on February 12, the one month anniversary of the devastating earthquake in Haiti, we will stand by the U.N. Food Agencies and welcome Haitian Agriculture Minister Joanas Gue to Rome, where we will role up our sleeves to address the role of donor participation in the planning and implementation process for food security in the Haiti Redevelopment Plan. I invite you to join us online as the event will be streamed live, www.wfp.org, 8 a.m. (EST).

Comments

Comments

Patrick
Maryland, USA
February 6, 2010

Patrick in Maryland writes:

Hi Ya, Ertharin Cousin and Everyone :)

This is a great idea to build up Haiti's agricultural programs. The sooner the country gets back to building on necessary things, like Housing ,Agriculture,Farming,Water Supplies like wells,Job Creation and Training, and Medical Facility. I think the better things will get, everyone needs something to do so they feel like their helping in the recovery and rebuilding of their country.

Good luck ,and i hope things are getting better there.

See ya...Ambassador Cousin ,Nice posting..:)

sophiacomic
China
February 6, 2010

S.C. in China writes:

Thanks for the people wo help haiti in haitiquake!

Donald M.
February 6, 2010

Donald M. in Virginia writes:

I heard on the news how 10 Americans are being held in Haiti because of kidnapping of 33 Haiti kids. I also understand our country has been pouring in millions of dollars in support of the rescue operation. We all know that kidnapping is a Federal Offense for any Nation. Should there be some kind of punishment for the 10 Americans sure but sometimes people have acted very foolish or rash without knowing the details on how to adopt kids. I think it also stresses another point, of how many red tape is involved in an adoption. How does the United States open its hearts to help a country of Haiti and then turn around and capture, hold, sentence 10 Stupid Americans for trying to make a better life for those kids. Can we all agree that they acted in sure stupidity but if there intent was not what people thought, and they did represent God, the true distraction will be on these 10 Americans instead of the rescue mission that our nation is leading. I think the best medicene for the 10 Americans is give them 500 Community hours service to help rebuild the Island of Haiti, let them be apart of building and helping the Haitian Government and working in a place that can assist. There is one person in the world thats perfect that is God. Everyone at some point in time makes mistakes. The Haitian Government after having this shocking Earthquake should be more forgiving at a time of there hour of need, not punishing to the point where our people spend years in prison because they acted foolishly and with stupidity. I think some good old community service and let them hold religious vigils to help Haiti get back on their feet. Ofcouse, I would also say that even God forgives the deaf and dumb at times. If Haiti cannot forgive our people, then why are we sending them Aid?

JOE
Tennessee, USA
February 6, 2010

Joe in Tennessee writes:

And for what reason isn’t the present government putting land aside for farming? Provide a fish, a man eats for a day, teach him to fish, etc...

Being provisional is one thing, but making any element of society dependent on aid without opportunity is in effect a form of slavery.

I find it difficult to understand why, unless a posting is completely absurd, anything which is not in line with the present administrations ideology is not posted. This complaint has been recognized by a few people I have talked to. This site is supposed to be OPEN is it not? Not politically directed and controlled. The lack of professional postings seems to indicate this is truthful.

Donald M.
February 7, 2010

Donald M. in Virginia writes:

The Country of Haiti reminds me of a trojan horse.

Msterminds of the world can sit quitely and muffling around thinking they are smarter than the average bear. They forget one vital detail. Some people in the world have a gift. Using a Psychic ability.

I ofcourse agree with Joe on fishing. A time has come for the Island of Haiti to learn about the garden of eden. The very beginning of life, how people learned how to cultivate, which started in the garden of eden. Men were used to hunt and gather, and women cooked and raised a family. Then they stumbled on the ability to grow crops. Women now have leadership roles and some men have cooking responsibilities. Jesus could feed hundreds with one fish. He used some type of Psychic ability given to him by God. That is how he knew where Peter could find the fish.

In the tree of life the limbs are your loved ones. You plant your tree in the right spot on earth. It receives sunlight, water and nutrients to survive. The tree grows and the leafs bloom. If you plant your tree in the desert, with just sunlight and no water, it will perish. How ironic because there is one tree that exists in one desert, stands on its own. No other tree around and survives. A sign from God. The roots of your tree is your family history.

Was your tree planted on good soil? Did you receive a higher level of attention growing up. How interesting it is for some people, being born with golden spoons and others having to fight tooth and nail for a bowl of rice.

In the field of dreams, if you build it they will come...

Teeth W.
Germany
February 7, 2010

T.W. in Germany writes:

this is impressive. thanks for the help. and good ideas to build up haiti.

Joe
Tennessee, USA
February 9, 2010

Joe in Tennessee writes:

The idea should be to develope self sufficent, not dependent nations.

It seems an unfortunite side effect of democracy that the Science of Politics precludes the developement of societies.

I would also like someone who is a Republican on this board to tell me: Why is it that whenever any President does what is best for the Majority of citizens they are branded Socialistic? Even President Ford was demonized in his handling of economic problems for doing what was best for the American People and was not historically presented as the intelligent man and leader he was. WHY IS POLITICS placed above the citizens well being? How is a five hundred dollar dinner for a 'tea party' reflective of helping the average American? What is going on here will reflect on the entire world and:

If things continue as they are America may not be able to feed its own people much less the rest of the world....because two parties can't come together as they should.

Andre' B.
February 12, 2010

Andre' in Florida writes:

I would like to get a job driving truck in haiti to give my support when they need help if it possible?

February 10, 2010

Joe in Tenn.,

Fishing for Republicans? (chuckle)

Sorry, but perhaps a conservative Democrat will do...and because I believe somewhere at the end of partisanship there's a happy medium...and as my answer to your question is relevent to this topic,... you'll just have to make the best of what I had to say to Mr. Lew.

And I hope Ambassador Ertharin Cousin finds some food for thought in it as well.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 post To Mr. Jacob Lew, Deputy Secretary of State

Dave
Michigan, USA
February 10, 2010

Dave in Michigan writes:

Question to Donald M. in Virginia. After reading two of your posts I must admit that I am a little confused, as to what ideas you are trying to get across. Maybe its the allegorical references. I would greatly appreciate any reply or input you could offer. Thank You.

Donald M.
February 12, 2010

Donald in Virginia writes:

@ Dave in Michigan -- Yesterday around the world there was a total of 14 earthquakes. I just have a hunch its not all mother nature. My feeling is there is more than meets the eye with whats happening in regard to earthquakes. My own gutt feeling is somehow man may behind these quakes. It is very strange how all of sudden we have 14 earthquakes in one day. I just think more needs to be done when it comes to testing and finding out whether it was Mother nature or a country testing a Nuclear Device and setting it off knowing it would have recoil effects. The price tag for all those that went to Denmark and not one Scientist can find out what really happened in Haiti? So it's okay to spend American dollars on hotel services, eat well and give wonderful testimony about Climate Change but they don't have the time to get findings to the cause of the Earthquake in Haiti? Somebody better start doing their homework, especially when will the next 7.0 or 8.0 earthquake will happen next?

In the first post was simple, I believe the 10 Americans did break the laws in Haiti, but I also think knowing how our country has opened its hearts, made donations and helped in the resecue effort, the Hatian Government can be a bit more supportive and not charge those people but have them do community service for trying to abduct or kidnap those children from Haiti. I think we all know they made a mistake, the question is how to move ahead...my suggestion is that they be apart of the rebuilding of Haiti, that would be a valuable lesson for them all.

John P.
Greece
February 12, 2010

John P. in Greece writes:

@ Dave in Michigan -- I am not Donald’s representative, I do not know the guy and what ideas he is trying to get across, but he is the only one in this forum that wrote his full name in the past. (try the archieves)

This means a lot! He is not hiding.

You will find him as a writer in Amazon.com. I didn’t get his book. I don’t know what he is writing about. Maybe I will.

However, what I really know is that 20-30 days ago, when I was reading the daily press, the biggest morning newspaper in Greece had an article, concernig modern piracy in Africa. They were writing (front page view), that Greek ship-owners had taken some measures. At least 75% of these “security adoptations” are according to Donald’s ideas posted here.
I left the kiosk with the newspapers and I "chucked" saying to myself:

they READ!!! You were right NM!

Tamikka
February 12, 2010

Tamikka in California writes:

I am very interested to hear what this meeting may bring about.

John
Greece
February 12, 2010

John P. in Greece writes:

@ Donald in Virginia -- This time I totally disagree with you. We have 14,000 earthquakes a day. It’s mother nature. Don’t blame it on nuclear tests.

I think that this argument will “stop” this conspiracy thought of yours:
We used to have earthquakes on Earth thousands of years before we (mankind) discovered nuclear tech.
So simple!

February 13, 2010

@ Donald in Virginia -- Look man... you can wonder all you want, or just google "Platectonics, science of", and get an education rather than pull flatulance out of a dark space and opine that the Hatian earthquake was done deliberately with some as yet undetectable nuke.

It kind of puts your statement in the "Pat Robertson Dustbin of the Absurd" award catagory.

Just get a grip so I don't actually have to get angry with you and further enlighten your cluelessness.

Thanks in advance.

February 13, 2010

@ John in Greece -- You wrote;

"they READ!!! You were right NM!"

Just because they do does not exclude the distinct probability that parallel thinking is taking place independantly of this blog.

Nor does it mean that those that relay a little common sense once in awhile have it continuous abundance.

As you've noted an example.

DonaldM
February 14, 2010

Donald in Virginia writes:

In response to comments:

1. The awareness of Earthquakes should be on everyone’s mind especially after Haiti 7.0 quake. It means we all should have a plan for disasters, regardless of how or why, the bottom line is every Nation on earth should have an emergency plan in place to evacuate its people during disasters.

2. Whether the Earthquake was Mother Nature or Man Made will never know the truth. What we can do is move ahead with aid to help the Nation of Haiti recover from this disaster.

3. My comments were not meant to cause panic or have a destructive path, merely to point out what if's... and learn from these Earthquakes.

I wrote the book smart survival secrets to help people during emergencies.

What would you do is your in an earthquake 9.0 on the scale, how will you react?

February 14, 2010

@ Donald in Virginia -- "2. Whether the Earthquake was Mother Nature or Man Made will never know the truth."

No Donald, Maybe YOU don't know the truth, but the rest of us do, so don't even try and include the rest of us in your hopes and dreams that this is the result of "atomic testing", which is is a thinly disguised way of saying this was a deliberate act by unknown persons or government.

Just because your faith in God is shattered doesn't mean you get to blame this on your fellow man.

Freedom of speech is one thing, but expressing your sick fantasies on this blog will earn the appropriate contempt, and anything you may then try to contribute from this point forward here will simply be taken as coming from an extremely "unreliable source".

Your comment didn't panic anyone, it just ticked me off, along with a few others here I suspect.

The only destruction it caused was to everyone's opinion of your credibility.

I don't know what the moderators of this blog think, but I know I consider your insinuation one of the most offensive remarks I've ever read on this forum, and you persist in digging a deeper hole for yourself with every post it seems.

Don't expect me to go out and buy your book...I could probably find better answers to personal safety from the plastic decoder ring in a box of crackerjacks.

The only aspect to this which is "man made" is the shoddy construction that contributed to 200,000+ dead beneath the rubble.

A lesson learned that Mankind seems to keep re-learning over and over again by building and re-building cities on top of active faults.

That's why I don't comment from shaky ground.

Donald M.
February 15, 2010

Donald in Virginia writes:

@ Eric in New Mexico -- Science is about learning we all can agree with this... if we didn't test water, soil, food, or even when Natural Disasters happen, will be blinded to the cause. I had no idea that people were going to misread my take on this situation. My goal was honorable in the sense that we always assume earthquakes and Natural disasters are just meant to happen. Having a discussion on the matter can be fruitful, I wasn't stepping on anyones toes on this blog. I was just thinking in a provactive way to make people think about the what if's... I know all good and well it wasn't a Nuclear Device simple explaination NO MUSHROOM CLOUD OR RADAITION FALLOUT. Obviously, I touched some nerves about the subject. I have yet to meet anyone on earth that knew everything. In my logic God still knows all things. Once again, if I have offended anyone, my apologies, but to learn or to acquire about something and it makes people think then we all can learn something in the end. My faith with God has not shattered my friend. I will always believe in God. I also know that people who are in Science Labs do come up with some very bad MOJO and maybe that also should be a concern to people.

This my last text on the subject. People can decide for themselves what causes earthquakes. People can also test the ground using radar. People can also learn how to survive earthquakes and natural disasters. A world without Nuclear power or weapons is still a beautiful thing for the people.

the end...

Donald M.
February 15, 2010

Donald in Virginia writes:

@ Eric in New Mexico -- Your comment whether to purchase my book... when I wrote the book, it was just after returning from Iraq. People again can buy or not buy. I have already survived many tradegies in life. I have also saved lives. I don't Judge other people as harsh, nor do I pre-judge them if they are in a situation that requires immediate attention. I have to admit after the many times on here getting slammed on my opinions and sure they might be different but thats what freedom is all about. This forum was like a think tank, we all offerend something to the table. Our thoughts, ideas, and logics. Even if it fell out of the norm. It;s not fantasy when North Korea tested a Nuclear device underground the power stations in Hawaii went off, that really happened. The bigger point was trying to get scienstist involved in doing better tests to determine the causes of the major earthquakes. Since we also know that most people believe a dozen countries in the world have Nuclear Power, and that is false. The numbers in countries that have Nuclear Power has risen over the years. Which should raise some alarms to the future.

I of couse bid you good luck with the crackjack box, the methods I learned came from the U.S. Navy and used in the World Trade Center, people have survived using certain secrets.

Donald M.
February 15, 2010

Donald in Virginia writes:

@ John P. in Greece -- I also did some catching up reading on your posts. First if the Greek Merchant ships are taking better security measures to help fight against the Piracy, that is a good thing. Your right about earthquakes been around longer than Nuclear Power, 100 Percent agreed. However, whats not happening is people thinking about what is causing these major earthquakes. We can all bury our heads in sands and say its just meant to happen or someone can actually start testing to find out the root of why these earthquakes are becoming more rapid and higher on the scales. Possibly one other element involved a method to warn people in advance, an early warning system, after all we are in the 21th Century. Seconds count...

February 15, 2010

@ Donald in Virginia -- I don't know what's worse, a fellow who tries and make a profit from ideas he learned in the US Navy and now tries to take credit for them in some book, or a practitioner of revisionist history that tries to blame natural disaster on a man made act.

Snow fell- power went out, I guess you can blame that on atomic testing too....

It's not "snomaggeddon", it's nuclear winter right?

Now it is true that the lights went out in Hawaii during an above-ground nuclear test several hundred miles away in the Pacific back in the 50's- early 60's, and was caused by electromagnetic pulse (EMP). That's how they discovered the phenomena.

But since the lights didn't go out all over Asia during the NK test last year...your causaulogy just doesn't compute. If the lights went out in Hawaii at the time, it was for a different reason than you claim.

EMP is line-of-site from source, and like any electrical discharge is disipated by grounding in earth, thus an underground test would not have far reaching effect as you claim.

Folks know why Eathquakes happen Donald, they just have problems predicting when and where in time and space with the number of variables involved in the forces of nature.

Yet even when the scientists say with a high degree of confidence that the probabilities of a major quake (7.0 or greater) occuring in LA are 90% within 50 years...who bothers to move to a safer location?

So, I don't think warning folks makes much of a difference, because folks knew what the fault under Port au Prince was capable of long before this disaster.

I've saved lives too Donald, including my own once or twice and I didn't need your safety manual to do so.

Just my wits and some guts.

Donald M.
February 16, 2010

Donald M. in Virginia writes:

2 15 10

@eric in New Mexico

BRAVO ZULU TO YOU ERIC...

I am glad you didn't need my book to survive. It wasn't meant for those who already had the skills. It was designed for those who could of used some cool secrets during emergencies. I have been in fires, floods, and been on many evacuations, saved lives along with being a Damage Control Team Trainer onboard a Nuclear Class Carrier. In the early 90's also accomplished the Enlist Surface Warfare Specialist trained and qualified during a cruise. This task was completed on a carrier. I attended one of the top Navy's Fire Fighting Schools in Pa. I taught over 100 onboard fire fighters how to handle shipboard fires while at sea. During General Quarters my watch was located in a Repair room. Anytime we would set "Zebra condition" My accomplishments for handling emergencies situations was well noted on the carrier. The invaluable training during MASS CASUALITY Drills where the entire ship is on fire and how to fight fires with smoke filled compartments safely. The use of Oxygen Breathing apparatus, Damage Control equipment and life saving training on How to deal with situations when your communications is broke, how to see in the dark when you have no battle lights to see. How to deckplate a fire in a repair locker using damage control symbology, reporting a fire, but also tracking and sending in fire teams to control and isolate the situation. How to make use of all the emergency equipment including devices like sniffer to check for oxygen, or being able to check for Chemical, Biological or even Radiological agents training.

You need 20 percent of oxygen to breath in a compartment or a space, but then you knew that right?

Have a nice day :)

John P.
Greece
February 16, 2010

John P. in Greece writes:

John P. @ Donald in Virginia

“you persist in digging a deeper hole for yourself with every post it seems”.
Why are you doing this to yourself and your credibility for future posts?

You know how much I respect you and love you all (contributors) in DipNote. You too! This time you (personally), according to my opinion, are ABSOLUTELY WRONG and “dangerous”. You know, People Read, but don’t be so sure that everyone has the nerve, knowledge, education or the time to evaluate ideas. So, we must be extremely serious when we “spread” the “ifs”.

A scientific ‘if” –based on statistics- is a tool assumption for creating knowledge. Nevertheless, Conspiracy “ifs” and fobias are a disaster for a modern world in which we must be together and sober.

What I mean is that since you crossed the “1 mile” allowence so easily, you’ll probably next time come up with the “planes’ conspiracy theory” that are spraying the air in order for the Big Brother to have the upper hand. I daily listen to plenty of "bu…".

Living in a country that I have to face multiple anti-American and anti-Jew propaganda, based on similar conspiracy scenarios, I thought like inhere would be an oasis for wise, pure, smart exchange of ideas. That’s why I agree with Eric: “I consider your insinuation one of the most offensive remarks”.

Especially, if this comes from an American. Because –I’ll be more cruel than Eric on this- (a thinly disguised way of saying this was a deliberate act by unknown persons or government.), actually you –be honest- are accusing USA.

I still respect you and look forward for more posts.
You know, during debates, things happen (CHUCKLE)
Best Regards.

Donald M.
February 17, 2010

Donald M. in Virginia writes:

2 16 10

@John P. in Greece

Thank you for your comments John and yes even I can get it wrong or make a mistake, the only perfect being is still God. If people are looking for Humble Pie, sure I'm have had to eat plenty lately over my comment. However, it takes a comment like mine to get people to test for radiation levels, I don't feel bad. Science is about learning and understanding, and sometimes you have to be willing to step out of the box even for a minute. Learning about these big earthquakes should be important for people to understand me included.

Best Regards and Peace out!!!

February 17, 2010

What Rhett Butler said...

I think it's time we elevate this conversation beyond your ego Donald, so why don't we take a hypothisis for a ride, eh?

I venture an educated guess that you can be thankful I'm not Hatian. I wouldn't be nearly so kind as John in Greece.

On a completely different note, arising from this conversation in an unusual way is the premis for the question;

Should the Hatian people rebuild Port au Prince?

With follow-up;

And if so, what standards will they go by?

Thing about starting from scratch is that it presents the inherant opportunity to do it right.

The international community has done well to provide as much of the basics as has been provided to date, given the problems of initial access and logistics.

I'd like therefore to offer Ertharin Cousin some time tested advice to my fellow Americans on the subject of nation building, in the hopes she'll pass it around the UN and to her boss.

Attitude is everything...

"Having been in the construction industry much of my life, I can assure you all that we are in fact a nation of "nation builders" on many levels. Politically speaking, since WW2, it has been through "on the job training". The mistakes made in the past, and the correctness of present, or future policy must share one thing, a willingness to look at truth over viewpoint (or party affiliation)."

EJ-1/8/02

Donald M.
February 18, 2010

Donald M. in Virginia writes:

2 17 10

@eric in New Mexico

In the end it was a good debate. I never questioned your abilities or logic. My ego if shattered maybe so but I still think outside the box. I totally agree with you on the rebuilding and doing it right in Haiti. Just because we disagree on how the earthquake happened doesn't mean I didn't care about the people of Haiti. My family has personally sent a donation to help the people. If they want to crusify me for my comments, it's just like what Jesus said on the cross, "They know not what they do" however, if in some strange miracle that a new electronic device can be installed on the Island of Haiti to detect for future earthquakes to give them time to react, then I believe it would be a wonderful tool to help them in future. We all have felt the grief and misfortune of the Haiti victims. Our prayers are with them. I personally would of liked to have joined them to help rebuild.

Peace be upon you Eric and I know from history that all the greatest minds in the world were always considered a little nuts and people who know me personally, know that my intensions were always above board. To think even Louis Pasteur who created a vaccine to help fight against rabbies and the discovery of anthrax. The Doctors back then laughed at his work until a human being was tested and found his vaccine cured a boy.

I totally agree there was no founded evidence to support my theory about what happened. Then again, because everyone assumes it's just an earthquake brought on by mother nature and we all should accept the findings. In closing, if I were a Hatian citizen, I would want to know what caused the Earthquake? I would also want something in place to give the people of Haiti an early warning sign to help evacuate the people in time.

You won the argument and I take a step back and return to my humble pie.

Godspeed Eric

John P.
Greece
February 19, 2010

John P. in Greece writes:

John @ Donald in Virginia

I don’t think that Eric is that egoist to just care about winning an argument. Reading him for years, I feel that he cares about saying some things accurately. So, don’t take it personally.

As you said:

“it was a good debate”!
The most important is that we discuss things! dear Donald.

Now, after your last post, I understand what you were trying to say:

“a new electronic device can be installed on the Island of Haiti to detect for future earthquakes to give them time to react, then I believe it would be a wonderful tool to help them in future”.

Unfortunately, we cannot have this scientific tool right now. “Earthquake science” is really new. And it may take 50 or more years for us (humanity) to proceed with a reliable and credible model that can predict such a complicated natural phenomenon. I understand that you were inspired to think of this by the tsunami detectors, which are very useful. Different things though. You can detect a tsunami and give a warming sign, but until today, there is no such device concerning earthquakes. Believe me, I live in Greece and I know about earthquakes and scientists that are fighting each other in order to establish their thesis or get more financial aid for their experiments. However, until now, no scientist or scientific team in the world has a secure proposal.

This does not mean that we should stop financing research, or quit our scope –to create a device/model in the future, although it’s just not the time to count on this only.

So, we have only one path: QUOTE: we are in fact a nation of "nation builders" on many levels. END OF QUOTE.

We can help the guys there, and I’m sure that with the contribution of the U.S. (don’t count on others) after a couple of years, Haiti will be a real paradise.

March 7, 2010

@ John in Greece,

Ego lends no impetus to seek results, nor to change the nature of conversation by inviting PhD's and UN members to stand and be "nuked by logic" on Dipnote, or to even suggest I might deliver the goods if allowed to speak at the nuclear security conference in April.

Nor is it my egocentric self that writes prose as an ode to Joe Stack's hypocracy, in an appeal for sane people's consensus.

Is it ego that lends me strength without fear of reprisal to take on the entire Dept. of State's thinking when spokesmen say, "...the ball is in North Korea's court, or Iran's"?

Or is just helping folks get a grip on reality, a figment of a genetic dispensation to question authority?

There is a certain interconnectedness in just about every one of my posts over the years...call it a "thesis" that I'm working on if you wish. The accuracy of which is being tested over time.
As were the things I said about anticipating miracles as the Pakistani people turn against the taliban and a few days later President Zadari implored his people to do just that, and now we see the miracle taking place. Syncronicity? Parallel thinking?

To be like "a fly on the wall in some very private conversations" is simply a matter of having taken the time to reason things out in all intellectual honesty with myself first most of all. "I think, therefore I am."- human, thus I don't believe everything I think until my gut instinct rumbles in digestive approval. "Stone soup" on the boil.

I've been accused of many things, but stupid isn't among them, and I hate being right a lot of the time. Better to laugh at myself when going into self-correction mode. My many typos are like a "digital signature", not to mention the run-on sentances. Being self-educated has its many rewards and drawbacks to be sure.

Now if I died tommorrow, I've left a great deal of thought to consider if folks would be so kind to compile it in my absence. A fair portion having proved its worth already. Of this I can be certain in a world where nothing much is, for I may not have much breath left, or long to breath, but I have just enough to change minds while I still can.

For that is the way of things with me, and so it is not hard to go for broke and make the effort.

My ego needs no sustenance in seeking results, I'm not looking to get rich and infamous by shredding ego's and argument simply because my grandad's work on fatman and little boy provides better incentive. I do have a very personal vested interest in the matter well beyond ego's concern. It's more a "dad thing" for the kids, and I'm not much concerned with paving that path with diplomatic niceties in the process.

Let us then go boldly forth, with dicipline and exhaustive investigation into the minds of madmen, and return in one piece to deliver our findings to the sane.

"Attitude is everything...no complaint without solution...no absolution for stupidity."

Your thoughts on this are most appreciated, as always.

Best,

EJ

Moruf
United Kingdom
September 17, 2010

Moruf in the United Kingdom writes:

We should thank everyone who lends their hands during crisis in Haiti, Pakistan and everyother parts of the world. You all have a great heart.