Information on Earthquake in Haiti

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
January 13, 2010
Counselor Cheryl Mills Briefs on Situation in Haiti After Earthquake

More about the crisis and how to help: state.gov/haitiquake

The State Department has created a task force to monitor the emergency in Haiti. People in the U.S. or Canada with information or inquiries about U.S. citizens in Haiti may reach the Haiti Task Force at 888-407-4747. Outside of the U.S. and Canada, call 202-501-4444. You may email inquiries to: Haiti-Earthquake@state.gov.

Americans in Haiti can call the Embassy’s Consular Task Force at 509-2229-8942, 509-2229-8089, 509-2229-8322, or 509-2229-8672. Americans are urged to contact the Embassy via email at ACSPaP@state.gov to request assistance.

The emergency hotline for family members of United Nations staff in Haiti is 212-963-4139.

Anyone wishing to donate or provide assistance in Haiti following the devastating earthquake that struck near Port au Prince on Jan 12, 2010, is asked to contact the Center for International Disaster Information.

For those interested in helping immediately, simply text "HAITI" to "90999" and a donation of $10 will be given automatically to the Red Cross to help with relief efforts, charged to your cell phone bill.

How To Help:Center for International Disaster Information | Clinton Bush Haiti Fund | InterAction | Mercy Corps | Red Cross | Text DonationMore about the crisis:state.gov/haitiquake

Comments

Comments

marie e.
January 13, 2010

Marie E. in Florida writes:

my deepest sympathy goes out to everyone in haiti. my friends, my family. i have been trying to reach them but cant get through. i will keep on praying, and i asked everoyne to please do the same.

Emmanuel j.
January 13, 2010

Emmanuel P. in New York writes:

I'm looking for my uncle Ernest leon. he's an american citizen he's retired, he lived around petion ville. I don't know if he's register with the ambassy.

Marie P.
Haiti
January 13, 2010

Marie P. in Haiti writes:

I am an American Citizen of Haitian decent, I am currently unemployment and I would like to volunteer my time to provide services in any way that I can.

Carole W.
Vermont, USA
January 14, 2010

Carole W. in Vermont writes:

I am ready to go and help. I have 30 years in the mental health field as a hospice worker, specialized foster care, and caretaker for developmentally delayed, and schizophrenic adults. I believe I have attributes that may be useful to your mission. I am ready now and can be gone indefinitely. Sincerely, Carole W.

Chuck S.
January 14, 2010

Chuck S. in Florida writes:

Recovery & Reconstruction
Restoration and Construction Experts

We are experts in Restoration and Construction Experts and would like to lend our services with Haiti’s recovery and rebuilding from the devastating earthquake.
We have extensive experience with disaster assistance and the necessary crisis management skills necessary to assist with the successful recovery of Haiti from this disaster.

I am having a difficult time tring to reach anyone to make myself available participate with the recovery and reconstruction.

I am able to provide contractors, workers, equipment, temporary housing, tents, and food and to also expedite the shipping of these items to the island.

Persons in Haiti - Please contact me with what is damaged and officials and owners names and contact information.
Persons having interest in Haiti. Please provide your contact information and your interest whether it is to help or to protect and restore your assets on the Island.

The most important thing to focus on now
• Is the recovery of persons trapped and still alive?
• Housing and Medical assistance to the injured.
• And to provide housing for the lucky ones that were not injured but now have no home.

Nancy
January 14, 2010

Nancy in New York writes:

We are looking for our family in Haiti: brother - Mitchel Thevenin; sister - Stella Thevenin; and cousin - Wilna Thevenin. They are all US citizens. Please call or email if you have any information.

Gary W.
Missouri, USA
January 14, 2010

Gary W. in Missouri writes:

My name is Gary W. and I live in SW MO. I am contacting you to offer my skills. I have over 35 years experience in building infrastructure and homes. I have been hit pretty hard by the recent economic downturn and I cannot fund my own volunteer efforts; however, my wife and I are willing to go and offer our skills in the clean-up effort. If someone has the funding we have the skills to make a difference. I wish I had the financial ability to go for free but I don't. Maybe someone else has the financial ability but not the physical ability?
I also have a few friends and business associates who have shown an interest. Let me know how I might help.

nicolino a.
United Kingdom
January 14, 2010

Nicolino A. in United Kingdom writes:

My thoughts go out to all these poor people who need as much help as we can give ,I feel so useless being so far away here in the UK.
I have experience in building works and would
love to try and make myself usefull as do many of us ,If anyone reading this can make use of me and my services and your company can just cover my costs i am yours as long as you need me.I have other friends with skills
that would also like to offer there help.

Jerry H.
January 15, 2010

Jerry H. in Washington writes:

how about someone setting it up so that when the donations reach a certain $ amount that the rest goes to Louisiana

palgye
South Korea
January 19, 2010

Palgye in South Korea writes:

The best solution rehabilitates an economy and thinks the thing which gives the chance of independence to them.
The time when will feel sad in us is not allowed. Does to make be difficult is not an ability to me.

PASTOR G.
Italy
January 19, 2010

Pastor Emmanuel B.G. in Italy writes:

please i just want to know this, we are the pastors in Italy and we want to donate something to help our brothers and sisters Haitin.I just want to know what to do and send the donation to them because they have no Ambassy here in Italy. So please tell us what to do, you can contact me on this number thank you.

Cassie
January 21, 2010

Cassie in Florida writes:

Hello my name is Cassie. I am trying to see if anyone have any information on FLORENCE C. She is an attorney in Haiti in Port-au-Prince. We arent sure if she was at Haiti's supreme court buildng (PALACE DE JUSTICE) but we think that she may have been in there because she always goes there after she leaves her office. And just a few hours before the earthquake on January 12 we spoke to her she said she would be on her way home,but we believe she made a stop at the court house first as she normally does. Please contact me if anyone has any information. thnks.

fred r.
March 1, 2010

Fred R. writes:

i think it is cool, but not today