Secretary Clinton on Oprah.com

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
October 1, 2009

Secretary Clinton appeared on Oprah.com today. The Secretary said:"Hello to everyone at Oprah.com. I am so excited that Oprah and all of those who watch her and love her are going to be firmly behind the idea that our country can do more to help those women and girls who hold up half the sky. There are so many ways that you can be involved. There are resources right here at Oprah.com that can give you the tools you need to help a child go to school, to help a young woman get the healthcare she needs.

I am inspired every day by the women I meet around the world who are part of a change that must happen, so that girls and women have the rights and the voice that they deserve to have. So thank you. Thank you for being part of this effort. And I look forward to working with you in the months and years to come."

Read Secretary Clinton's interview with Lisa Ling of The Oprah Winfrey Show.

Comments

Comments

Brian
October 2, 2009

Brian in California writes:

Hon. Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton,

The highlighted segment was very well done. Everyday with your continued service to our country and the world broad, I feel much more patriotic and safe with you as our supreme leader. God Bless you and again, I thank you.

Lena
October 2, 2009

Lena writes:

You gotta give it to the lady. Much as I dislike her, she can sometimes say things that make you sit up and listen.

bayrak
Turkey
October 2, 2009

Bayrak in Turkey writes:

Thank you for sharing. Congratulations to a very nice designed blog site.

Rosemary
New Jersey, USA
October 2, 2009

Rosemary in New Jersey writes:

Hillary, YOU are the one we watch and love! I am sure Oprah has her following. Me? I consider myself lucky to inhabit the same country at the same time as YOU do!

Anouhak
Nebraska, USA
October 4, 2009

Anouhak in Nebraska writes:

I watch the show with my family that day. I feel sad that while we are so blessed to have a better life ... at the other end of the world, women are suffering so much. It is very hard to believe. I have to suck it up and accept already that this is the truth. We are so glad that helps are available.

Secretary of State: So proud of you.

Oprah: Your show is very powerful.

skin c.
October 10, 2009

S.C. writes:

Pretty cool! Oprah is featuring politicians and Larry King is switching to all celebrities. That's a switch.