Secretary Clinton's Eid-ul-Fitr Message

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
September 19, 2009

Today, Secretary Clinton delivered a message for Eid-ul-Fitr. The Secretary said:"Hello, and Eid Mubarak. I’m delighted to celebrate the end of Ramadan by wishing all of you a happy Eid. In 1996, my husband and I were privileged to host the first ever White House Eid celebration, which has now become a tradition. And this year, I hosted an Iftar at the State Department, with Muslims and non-Muslims attending. We hope that reinforces every year that all faiths have a home here in the United States.

For Muslims all over the world, Eid ul-Fitr marks the end of a holy month of fasting and prayer. This time of self-reflection reminds us that the values of Islam – charity, community, cooperation, compassion – are values which we hold dear as Americans and which have contributed so much to American culture. As President Obama said in Cairo, the United States seeks a new beginning with Muslims around the world, one based on mutual interest and mutual respect. We know there is more that unites peoples of faith than divides us. So as Ramadan draws to a close, let us hold on to that spirit of community throughout the year to achieve our common goals of peace, prosperity, and stability. And I wish all of you a very happy year as well. Thank you."

Read this message in the following languages:

Arabic׀ Indonesia׀ Chinese׀ Dari׀ French׀ German׀ Hebrew׀ Hindi׀ Malay׀ Pashto׀ Persian׀ Punjabi׀ Russian׀ Spanish׀ Turkish׀ Urdu

Comments

Comments

RICARDO P.
Brazil
September 19, 2009

Ricardo in Brazil writes:

I watched this video, and Mrs. Hillary Clinton gave the Happy New Year for the Shana to VA. And, I was writing too, Mrs. Michelle Obama, and my report disappear by a person I don't know the important is...USA is growing up fast.

CONGRATULATIONS

THANKS A LOT

Jenna
September 20, 2009

Jenna in New York writes:

Thanks Secretary Clinton! We love you!

Eid Mubarak! :)

Julia
France
September 20, 2009

Julia in France writes:

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I knew USA was a big huge beautiful and clever country. I love your country, I love your mind, and your soul.

While my country still wonders how to integrate immigrant which has lived in France for 60 years "immigrant-french-muslim-people-lived in france"... unfortunatly, i was born and raise in france and I feel like a foreigner. When I'm going to your country I feel like an american...

Shame on France. Watch and learn. Go US!

Thank you Mr President! Thank you Mrs Clinton!

Mr President we would like to tell you that you are our President. We are so fan of you.We are so proud of you.You are representing the future and so many thing for a part of french people you represent for the youth of France (especially the youth resulting from immigration) the intelligence, the class and the good taste. All that is not the Head of French State. He will never obtain the recognition and the respect of the majority of the Muslims of France. They neglected too much us and lowered. They ridicule us every day in our faith.

Today you heat the heart of the Muslims of France and non Muslim friends who support us. I love you Mr President. May God protect you and your family and all the people who support you in your engagements for a better world. We love you. God bless you and your beautiful family.

A french muslim family

(don't get mad haters...!!!!I see you french)

samira

Sarah in Syria writes:

Thanks for You!

Ahmed H.
Maldives
September 20, 2009

Ahmed H. in the Maldives writes:

The days we felt segregated has faded into the history. Today we (muslims) feel that we even have a share to collaborate and develop the world. This is an apparent change which the peace loving American president MR Barack Obama has brought. I appreciate his policies and am sure few people like him can change the entire world to a better place for you and for me and to the entire human race.

Oky
Indonesia
September 20, 2009

Oky in Indonesia writes:

EID MUBARAK TO ALL MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD

Bill
September 20, 2009

Bill in U.S.A. writes:

Good initiatives no doubt but tell me: Are there similar events planned for major feasts of the Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, Jewish, Zoroastrian, Bahai and other of the world's faiths? If so what are they? If not, why not? I hope it is not because there are fewer terrorists among these other religions. We should respect all faiths equally. To do otherwise insults all.

Emad S.
Texas, USA
September 21, 2009

Emad S. in Texas writes:

Thank you madam Secretary. Eid Mubarak to you too. As an American Muslim, I am proud of being an American. God bless you and God bless the United States of America

Abdullah
Canada
September 21, 2009

Abdullah in Canada writes:

Bill, Happy Eid to you too. I will address the terrorists-among-religions part of your comments. If what you meant by terrorism was killing innocent people, then Hitler, Mosoulini, Benahim Begin, Shamir, Franco fransisco, Ariel Sharon, the KKK, and McVeigh who were not muslims they caused the deaths of innocent people more than 100,000 times that caused by all moslim terroists combined throughout history!

Dee
Michigan, USA
September 22, 2009

Dee in Michigan writes:

We are a country of many faiths, which also means many holidays to count our blessings and celebrate :) Eid Mubarak everyone! I love this country and our administration!

afroza
Bangladesh
September 22, 2009

Afroza in Bangladesh writes:

I feel honoured.

Ridha
Switzerland
September 22, 2009

Ridha in Switzerland writes:

Thank you Madame , Happy Eid to you.

Khadejah
September 24, 2009

Khadejah writes:

I am please to know Americans in the higher ranks are getting a better understand of our faith. Thank you Secretary of state for your lovely message.

May God bless all of us.