Watch Secretary Clinton Discuss Careers Representing America

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
April 23, 2009
Screenshot of Careers.State.Gov

Visit careers.state.gov to watch Secretary Clinton discuss careers representing America.

Secretary Clinton announced today on careers.state.gov that Congress recently approved funding for the State Department that will allow us to hire over 1,000 new employees during the next few years. So now, we’re stepping up our recruitment efforts. We’re looking for smart people from diverse backgrounds who can help us perform our key mission here at the State Department—to strengthen our relationships with other nations and work toward peace and prosperity for all people, by using what we call “smart power,” the full range of diplomatic tools at our disposal.

Whether you are interested in serving as a diplomat or an engineer, a consular official overseas or a resource manager at home, you can be part of a team of dedicated employees whose diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences will help renew America’s global leadership and put us and our world on a path to peace and prosperity.

Our nation is facing many global challenges. To meet those challenges, the State Department must reflect the full strength of America’s talent. We will need dedicated, energetic, and skilled people to help us succeed. Explore careers.state.gov to learn more about opportunities in public service at the U.S. Department of State.

Comments

Comments

joe
Tennessee, USA
April 23, 2009

Joe in Tennessee writes:

LOL, what are the age parameters?

Leonard
Ohio, USA
April 23, 2009

Leonard in Ohio writes:

Should there be a video at that URL? I've looked and don't see anything that could be described as an option to "watch Secretary Clinton."

Ansar M.
Pakistan
April 24, 2009

Ansar B. in Pakistan writes:

I would like to know more on the subject above.

Steven
Kentucky, USA
April 28, 2009

Steven in Kentucky writes:

I am very interested in being a diplomat or working with consular affairs once I grduate college. Any information about these types of careers would be great.

DipNote Blogger Luke Forgerson writes:

@ Steven in Kentucky -- Thanks for your interest! We encourage you to look at careers.state.gov to read more about State Department careers, internships and Foreign Service Consular Officers. You may also contact a Diplomat-in-Residence to address any questions you might have about State Department careers.

John
Greece
April 28, 2009

John in Greece writes:

@ Joe in Tennessee -- I would have hired you "yesterday" as a special analyst/advisor, if I was within the SD. No age parameters should apply in your "intelligent case"!

You are much younger than you think you are.

So, according to me, exceptions should be accepted.

Anyway, even if DoS don't hire you, please keep on writing here. I've learned a lot from your posts. It's very important to offer younger guys a chance to learn from your experience and brain.

Best Regards Joe (Sir)!

Peter A.
Ghana
May 12, 2009

Peter in Ghana writes:

I immigrated to the U.S. in 1974, I currently work for NY State government and will like to take a job with the state department in an African country. how do I go about this where do I send my resume to. I speak the language;am sure I will be an asset to the state Department

Jim
May 14, 2009

Jim in California writes:

I am currently reading "Inside a U.S. Embassy: How the Foreign Service Works for America" and it is an eye opening book. I would be honored to represent the United States abroad.

Jonathan B.
May 19, 2009

Jonathan V. in California writes:

I recently became a us citizen but have been in this wonderful country for over 25 years, never had the opportunity to take on a government job beacause of my immigration status, but since coming to this country i always dreamed of becoming the United States of America president. would love to get a chance to help to stop poverty hunger and racism around the world and having a productive America and world for all to work together and unite.

Tatiana
New Jersey, USA
May 26, 2009

Tatiana in New Jersey writes:

Hello, I'm a college graduate (Double degree- Political Science and Spanish, double concentration- Leadership and International Relations), worked in corporate America two years but not in my desired field (I was in Higher Education). Because of the economy I'm looking to go back to school to study International Relations/ International Public Service, however I feel like I would rather just get a job in that field and start working (abroad or here in the U.S.). I'm tired of sitting by idle and watching things happen or NOT happen for America. I want to work for the government in any capacity it may need me. Will my degree be sufficient to land me a job with the DoS?

Bluette
Egypt
June 6, 2009

Bluette in Egypt writes:

Good day, I am a 38 year old American Hispanic living in Cairo, Egypt. I would absolutely love to be a part of a career where I could hold the honor of representing America. I am excited and look forward to researching this opportunity closely. Kind regards.

Gazetta L.
North Carolina, USA
July 2, 2009

Gazetta in North Carolina writes:

I have a degree in Spanish and a license to teach. Studied for one year in Madrid, Spain.