Webcast of Secretary Clinton's Town Hall in Monterrey, Mexico

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
March 26, 2009
Secretary Clinton Answers Questions at State Dept. Town Hall

Interactive Travel Map | Text the SecretaryRelated Entry:Read about Secretary Clinton's visit to TecMilenio University.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton delivered a policy address on U.S.-Mexico bilateral relations on Thursday, March 26, 2009 (at 3:15 PM EDT, 1:15 PM local time) from TecMilenio University in Monterrey, Mexico. This digital town hall event featured a live audience as well as an extensive virtual audience, linking in students from all of TecMilenio's 39 campuses.

TecMilenio broadcasted Secretary Clinton's remarks live via webcast for the duration of her speech. Please note that the audio was the Spanish-language interpretation of her remarks. The webcast was archived on this same site and accessible following the event.

To access this webcast:

Go to tecvirtual.itesm.mx

Scroll down the screen to "Canal Virtual" on the right hand side

Access "Canal Uno" via the drop down menu

No password or access code is required

Comments

Comments

Christopher
March 26, 2009

Christopher in New York writes:

I hope that all Americans applicate your statements in Mexico admitting that we, America, do bare responsibility for the state of affairs in Mexico. How exactly though, will the proposed solutions fix the problems? So far I've heard that we will be providing Mexico with aid (mostly as I understand, for police and military), or further "securing" the boarder solve these problems. Isn't it true that the boarder can't possibly be secured completely, and that no amount of aid and change the fundamental problems causing such crisis. You said that the American people's addiction to drugs is what fuels the cartels, but doesn't the cracking down on the boarder, and the enforcement of strict U.S. drug laws, precisely the thing that makes the price of those drugs rise higher and higher? Is it not true then that the higher the prices become the MORE incentive the cartels will have to do business?

Rosemary
New Jersey, USA
March 26, 2009

Rosemary in New Jersey writes:

Well I have tried this and every channel Greta suggested and cannot get in. Is it possible that Hillary's people have crashed the system? There are 18,000,000 of us in the U.S. alone. How many more in Mexico are trying to watch?

Greta says they call her by her first name like Cher and Madonna. Well, so do we! How many of us are trying to watch this?

Hillary requires a lot of bandwidth. So many people love her.

Rosemary
New Jersey, USA
March 26, 2009

Rosemary in New Jersey writes:

Got it!

Patricia S.
March 26, 2009

Patricia S. in New York writes:

The border is the problem - not U.S. citizens.

Rebecca W.
Maine, USA
March 31, 2009

Rebecca W. in Maine writes:

I would like to express my sincere relief that the U.S. has a Secretary of State who I can believe in. I am very proud of our U.S. Secretary and wish her the best. I would like Secretary of State Clinton know that I am thinking about her wherever she is with my whole hearted regard and good wishes.

Rhett
Massachusetts, USA
April 18, 2009

Rhett in Massachusetts writes:

I am so discouraged by how moronic this administration is with regards to the failed drug war. I come to one of two conclusions.

1: complete ignorance. They don't get it and foolishly think they can force people to stop using marijuana. (Good luck and how's that going for ya so far?)

2: they are completely corrupt and on the take. Bought and paid for by crime lords who benefit from our corrupt marijuana prohibition.

Leaders of the Americas should be very cautious about allowing the U.S. to export our failed drug policies beyond our borders. Be cautious about allowing the U.S. to export the prison for profit systems and be very cautious when the U.S. asks you oppress your citizens and treat them as rotten as we treat ours.

Hopefully some of the leaders of the Americas will have the integrity to look Hillary in the eye and say "NO". We will not be party to your foolishness.