Secretary Clinton Arrives at State Department

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
January 22, 2009

This morning, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton arrived at the U.S. Department of State. In her remarks to Department employees, Secretary Clinton said:"I am absolutely honored and thrilled beyond words to be here with you as our nation's 67th Secretary of State. And I believe, with all of my heart, that this is a new era for America.

President Obama set the tone with his inaugural address. And the work of the Obama-Biden Administration is committed to advancing America's national security, furthering America's interests, and respecting and exemplifying America's values around the world.

There are three legs to the stool of American foreign policy: defense, diplomacy, and development. And we are responsible for two of the three legs. And we will make clear, as we go forward, that diplomacy and development are essential tools in achieving the long-term objectives of the United States. And I will do all that I can, working with you, to make it abundantly clear that robust diplomacy and effective development are the best long-term tools for securing America's future."Read Secretary Clinton's full remarks here.

Comments

Comments

Syrian P.
Syria

SNP in Syria writes:

Secretary Clinton Said: QUOTE And the work of the Obama-Biden Administration is committed to advancing America's national security, furthering America's interests, and respecting and exemplifying America's values around the world. END QUOTE,

We heard George Bush say the same words over sixty thousand times in the past 8 years. America and the world would feel much safer if Fed Chairman or U.S. Treasury Secretary would make the above comment. Just add the world FINANCIAL after national and before interests, this will also makes consumers feel more optimistic when they know the Fed- chair is as well respecting and exemplifying... add the financial industry at end.

Thetus h.
North Carolina, USA

Thetus in North Carolina writes:

Congratulations . You are a great choice.

rusty
Belgium

Rusty in Belgium writes:

Congratulations and best wishes to you Secretary Hillary Clinton. The world needs your experience, diplomacy,and strength.

God bless you.

Brian
Arizona, USA

Brian in Arizona writes:

Congratulations and best wishes, Secretary Clinton. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you assume this new post.

Emma
United Kingdom

Emma in the United Kingdom writes:

Congratulations Secretary Hillary Clinton. I am living abroad at the moment, but come from New York and I am happy to have you representing us.

I have followed your progress over the last few years and wish you well in your new job. I am sure you will do a great job for America and for the rest of the world.

Good luck to the new administration. I am sure one day we will see you back in the White House.

Tracie
Germany

Tracie in Germany writes:

Congratulations to Hillary Rodham Clinton on her appointment as Secretary of State. You are an inspiration to many.

Emmitt R.
Mississippi, USA

Emmitt R. in Mississippi writes:

Congrads Hillary Clinton! I know you will represent the U.S. well.

Maria
Connecticut, USA

Maria in Connecticut writes:

Welcome to the Department, Secretary Clinton! Congratulations on your appointment, and best wishes.

Carol

Carol in California writes:

YEA!

Sharon
Israel

Sharon in Israel writes:

Congratulations and much success to you, Secretary Hillary Clinton! Keep up the good work you started in Arkansas.

May you and your team manage to find and create "tunnels" in many countries via which to smuggle much-needed empowerment and freedom to replace gunpowder and free-for-alls.

Paul

Paul in Florida writes:

Congratulations Secretary Hillary Clinton! I am so pleased and excited that you are our Secretary of State. I know you will make this nation proud. You are by far the best choice for this job, and I wish you all the best and I will keep you in my prayers. Thank you Secretary Clinton for all you do for this country, your efforts are appreciated. We and the world are so lucky that you are Secretary of State. God Bless You!!

Timothy
Ohio, USA
January 23, 2009

Timothy in Ohio writes:

Secretary Clinton,

Congratualtions on your successful nomination and confirmation as Secretary of State. As someone who I have admired since as long as I can remember (I'm only 20 years old) I know that this job is tailormade for you. Congrats Madame Secretary. I can't wait to see what great thibgs you have in store for American diplomacy.

Tim S.
Political Science major, The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio

Sally
January 23, 2009

Sally and Larry in Washington write:

Congratulations Hillary--we are thrilled to see a New Day at the State Department and we wish you every success and we are so glad you are there working for all Americans.
Gratefully and hopefully, Sally and Larry, Mercer Island, WA

joe
Tennessee, USA
January 23, 2009

Joe in Tennessee writes:

Congraudulations...OK...

earthkeeper
New Hampshire, USA
January 23, 2009

EK in New Hampshire writes:

Your the Best Secretary Clinton!!!

You lift our world and all its inhabitants to greatness.
We are so blessed to have our Hill!!
Actually your name may be Hill but your a Mountain of good works!!!

Many Happy Returns of the Day,
earthkeeper

Still4Hill
January 30, 2009

S.H. writes:

You guys at the State Department are so lucky to have Hillary as your new boss. In a way, we from Hillary's Village are bestowing her on you since she has been ours (and New York's) until now.

Be good to her. Be good for her. She will be good to and for you and all of us. We at her Village know her. She is precious. Watch her back.

Jerry
January 24, 2009

Jerry in U.S.A. writes:

Satan is now begining to rear his ugly head,,"executive orders for abortion on demand in all states"..sin is not sin anymore,,,all the right leaders are in place,,God forgive us,,,,,,,,,

Philip W.
Spain
January 24, 2009

Philip W. in Spain writes:

Bravo, Secretary Clinton, I can only express my deepest congratulations for your new post. I see you as a key player in the Obama administration that will meet President Obama's objectives over the next four to eight years. As a USAF retiree here we can only hope that you find time to push some of the issues we have with our privileges here.

Zharkov
January 30, 2009

Zharkov in U.S.A. writes:

The Obama administration is wiping its feet across the U.S. Constitution in failing to disclose Mr. Obama's place of birth, and in appointing Senator Clinton as Secretary of State. Both Obama and Clinton are lawyers and know they are violating the Constitution.

The second clause of Article 1, Section 6, of the Constitution reads, "No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the Authority of the United States which shall have been created, or the Emoluments whereof shall have been increased during such time..."

The only act Senator Clinton is authorized to do is to immediately resign. Everything else she does is void and without constitutional authority.

At least there is one America remaining at State who is willing to take this to court. Bravo for him, and good luck.