Twitter This: Public Diplomacy in Romania

Posted by DipNote Bloggers
November 19, 2008
Mogosoaia Palace in Romania

For those of you on Twitter, you can experience public diplomacy in real-time as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy, Colleen Graffy, travels to Bucharest and twitters along the way. It is "International Education Week" in Romania, and she will be meeting with students, Fulbright scholars, conducting media interviews, visiting the University of Bucharest, and speaking at the Romanian Diplomatic Institute, among other things. Follow the details of Colleen Graffy's trip here, and don't forget, DipNote is also on Twitter.

Comments

Comments

Andy
November 19, 2008

Andy in California writes:

@ Colleen Graffy -- I am so darned proud of you. Have a safe trip.

I hope your family was untouched by the Montecito fires. Scary stuff.

Adrian
Romania
November 19, 2008

Adrian in Romania writes:

@ Colleen Graffy: I hope you enjoy your stay here in Romania and i think i can say this in the name of all colleagues that we are really looking forward to the meeting that will take place tomorrow morning.

Pauletta W.
November 19, 2008

Pauletta in California writes:

Hi Colleen -- Thanks for sending. International Education Week sounds fantastic. The best of public diplomacy at work. I'll pass a long to our SPP students here at Pepperdine. Cheers!

Mark
Tennessee, USA
November 19, 2008

Mark in Tennessee writes:

Hi Ms. Graffy -- As a J.D. I am keenly interested in the foreign relations of the US. Will you be meeting with any of the original signers of the Warsaw Pact? I don't know if any Romanian individuals signed the document. If you do meet any, what would you like to ask them in regard to NATO? Please respond to my EM as well. Thank you.

Colleen
Romania
November 20, 2008

DipNote Blogger Colleen Graffy writes:

Hi, Mark -- No plans to meet with any of the original signers of the Warsaw Pact -- not sure who the Romanian signatory was and if they are still alive -- but Monica Dragan here at our Information Resource Center (there is one at every embassy) is going to try and find out.

Colleen
Romania
November 20, 2008

DipNote Blogger Colleen Graffy writes:

How about that -- the Director General of the Romanian Diplomatic Institute (whom I met with earlier today -- see my tweet) knew the answer to Mark from Tennessee's question. Gheorghe Gheorghiv Dej was the Romanian signer of Warsaw Pact, and he is no longer alive.